Register your interest in our Community Owned AccommodationWe are taking registrations of interest in our One Bedroom fully accessible apartment and three bedroom first floor apartment at 21 North Main Street, Wigtown.
Welcome to the Wigtown & Bladnoch Community Initiative
The Wigtown & Bladnoch Community Initiative is a company registered in Scotland, established in 2016 to further the achievement of sustainable development in Wigtown.
The company’s purposes are:
- to provide or advance the accessibility of recreational, facilities, and/or organising recreational activities, which will be available to members of the Community and public at large with the object of improving the conditions of life of the Community.
- advancement of citizenship or Community development, including rural or urban regeneration.
- to advance the provisions for educational opportunities in the Community relating to environment, culture, heritage and/or history
- to advance environmental protection or improvement including preservation, sustainable development and conservation of the natural environment, the maintenance, improvement or provision of environmental amenities for the Community and/or the preservation of buildings or sites of architectural, historic or other importance to the Community;
- Register interest in Community Owned Accommodation 13th October 2020
- Final Grant Funding in place 26th August 2020
- Planning Application submitted 17th May 2019
- GoFundMe to raise 5% of purchase price 13th November 2018
- Town Centre Living Fund Application Success 7th September 2018