What Wigtown Needs - Complete our Survey OnlineW&BCI is asking what you think we should do next. We are keen to hear from all age groups.
What does Wigtown need? Are there areas or buildings that you think would benefit from community development? What services/activities are needed in Wigtown and Bladnoch? Would a multi-purpose venue be useful? What should happen there? Do you have any other comments or ideas?
Bank of Scotland feedback from the public meeting
Following the successful public meeting where future uses for the bank building were discussed, we are now developing a strategy to take forward the ideas and deliver the best resource we can for the community.
Themes from the public meeting included:
- desire for community facilities such as bank, click & collect depot, ATM;
- affordable housing;
- cheaper accommodation for visitors;
- book museum,
- indoor market place (year round version of Kist).
- bank building to support and promote local businesses, like a co-operative;
- workshop space;
- renewable energy sources incorporated;
- community use of the garden.