Bank of Scotland feedback from the public meeting
Following the successful public meeting where future uses for the bank building were discussed, we are now developing a strategy to take forward the ideas and deliver the best resource we can for the community.
Themes from the public meeting included:
- desire for community facilities such as bank, click & collect depot, ATM;
- affordable housing;
- cheaper accommodation for visitors;
- book museum,
- indoor market place (year round version of Kist).
- bank building to support and promote local businesses, like a co-operative;
- workshop space;
- renewable energy sources incorporated;
- community use of the garden.